TOURIST OFFICE CLERK
The Municipality of La Pêche and the Fairbairn House Heritage Centre are currently looking for friendly and energetic Tourist Office staff for our 2023 summer season. The Tourist Office staff play an integral part in creating a welcoming and memorable experience for visitors to the region.
Part-time/weekends: May 13th – June 18th and Aug 28th – Oct 15th 2023
Full time: June 23rd to August 20th 2023
Wage: $15.25/h up to $15.71/h
· Deliver information and guidance to visitors
· Occasionally work on special projects
· Show and tell information relating to the House exhibitions and collections
· Actively rotate through day-to-day Tourist Office and House operations, anticipating and responding to visitors needs while promoting tourist offerings in the region
· Provide a helpful and knowledgeable first point of contact both in person and over the phone, responding to a wide variety of queries and requests
· Assist with setup, opening and closing of the Tourist Office and various programming events (workshops, event rentals, concert series)
· Ensure cleanliness of work area, facilities and grounds
· Perform and undertake any other related duties with a flexible attitude
Open to applicants 15 years of age and older at start of employment, the candidate will:
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills in French (English an asset)
· Be comfortable helping visitors whose first language may not be French.
· Be able to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
· Have an interest and enthusiasm for sharing local history
· Be able to work as a team player with strong interpersonal skills
· Be willing to assume initiative and work independently
· Be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., and climb stairs as there is no elevator access to the 2nd floor.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
Interviews will be conducted in French.
Please email resume and a cover letter to email@example.com before April 14th 2023.
While we thank all candidates for showing interest in the Tourist Office positions, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.