TOURIST OFFICE SUPERVISOR
The Municipality of LaPêche and the Fairbairn House Heritage Centre are currently looking for friendly and energetic Tourist Office staff for our 2023 summer season. The Tourist Office Supervisor oversees day-to-day operations, assisting visitors as well as supervising Tourist Office staff and carrying out administrative functions.
Full time: May 8h to Aug 27th 2023
Part-time/weekends: Aug 28 – Oct 15, 2023
Wage: $19.48/h up to $20.07/h
Perform the tasks of the Tourist Office clerks, including:
· Deliver information and guidance to visitors
· Show and tell information relating to the House exhibitions and collections
· Actively rotate through day-to-day Tourist Office and House operations, anticipating and responding to visitors needs while promoting tourist offerings in the region
· Perform supervisory duties, including
· Planning, operations management and staff supervision.
· Coordination of work scheduling and staff timesheet submissions
· Coordinate and oversee the setup, opening and closing of the Tourist Office and various programming events (workshops, event rentals, concert series)
· Regular reporting on operations
· Resolve problems and respond to feedback
The Supervisor will:
· Possess previous experience in supervisory duties
· Be able to work as a team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Be willing to assume initiative and work independently
· Develop knowledge of local attractions, events and tourism services in the area
· Possess excellent time management skills
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills in French (English an asset)
· Be able to commit to the full duration of the work assignment· Be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., and climb stairs as there is no elevator access to the 2nd floor.
Post-secondary training in tourism or business is considered an asset. Interviews will be conducted in French.
Please email resume and a cover letter to email@example.com before April 14th 2023.
While we thank all candidates for showing interest in the Tourist Office positions, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.